Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Lord Giveth and The Lord Taketh Away

My title seemed such an appropriate statement coming from my aunt yesterday.



He Taketh Away.....It is with a little sadness and a lot of joy that I first have to mention the loss of my Gran gran last friday. She had struggled with Alzheimer's for almost the past decade. I much prefer knowing that she is with her God and with many who have gone before her, then living with a body and mind that have failed her. We had a wonderful weekend of family and even laughter as we told countless stories and shared so many wonderful memories. Gran gran was one of the funniest women I have ever known and she would be so glad to know that there were more laughs then tears at her memorial service. She lived 89 years and blessed countless people. She was a great warrior for The Kingdom. What a precious legacy we have because of she and my Pa pa.




The Lord Giveth.....Meg is not going to be the baby in the family for much longer. My Sister, Mallory, is expecting her third baby in the Spring....and My Cousin Jared and his wife Connie are expecting their second. I can't wait!!




I don't think that I have mentioned that Mallory and her family recently moved back to Edmond. My mom used that as a good excuse to get some of our closest high school friends together for a luncheon. We had a great time catching up. I didn't get a lot of good pictures. I was busy keeping Meg from breaking anything in the tea room. These were from before everyone arrived.










As you can see....Meg loved the cream puffs for dessert.



I have been taking more videos then pictures since Meg has become mobile and vocal. It is hard to capture in photos. She keeps me laughing every day. You never know what she will say or do. Here are a couple of my favorites. It was hard to decide which ones to share. I still need to post one of her walking. I will try to do that next time.










I think you can tell by the videos and these next pictures that her new favorite thing to do is read. I am so glad. I pray that she will always like to read. I can't take credit though. She will definately inherit that from her Dad. She loves to sit in this little chair. She says "Book...book". Chad said he thought she was stuck in the chair the other day, because she never sits still this long.






This is just a funny picture showing off her 4 teeth. I think she was trying to play peek-a-boo.


9 comments:

Mauri said...

So sorry to hear about your grandmother. but rejoice with you that she has gone home. And Meg is as precious as ever! She's becoming such a big girl!!! Give my congrats to Mallory!

Raena said...

You're family is being added to my prayer list righ away! :( Hugs all around.

It is such a small world...I didn't know you were cousins with Jared! I wen to 9th grade with him. Please tell him hi and congrats from me!

Meg is jus BEAUIFUL!

Tricia said...

I am also sorry to hear about your grandmother, but I know you have a peace in knowing that she is home with our father.

Meg is so cute! I love the last picture.

allyo said...

Sorry about your loss. You and your family are in our prayers.

Meg is so cute. Love the videos.

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

oh dear she is SO cute.
Again, I'm sorry about Gran! Ole Mallory just keeps poppin' em out!

the smith family said...

Sorry to hear about your Gran. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers.

MereMoore said...

Your sweet family-I certainly have been praying for all God has given and taken away. I am probably just as excited for Mal's #3 as you are!
Meg is so stinkin' adorable-ah-really she is too cute! Can't believe she is walking.
I will keep up better now-I had to go searching for your blog b/c I only had it saved on my computer at home! But now I've got it here so that's just one more thing to occupy my days!!!
Miss you and hope y'all are all doing well!!

Shauna said...

Hey girl,

I am having to catch up on a few months - our life has been busy too. Love all of the pictures - your family is just so beautiful. Sorry for your loss. As we get older so do all of the people around us and it is a hard thing to have people passing on more and more. You are in my prayers!

Shauna

jasonandchaney said...

I keep hearing from family and friends that Maddison has a lot of teeth. I see that they are correct after seeing that Meg has 4. Maddi has 12 with number 13 on the way. Have a wonderful day!!