Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Random Happenings

First of all, I have to brag on my husband. We did not get to celebrate our 6th anniversary the week of, because it happened to be the weekend of my grandmother's funeral. We have had busy weekends since then. Last Friday I recieved an email....from the other room...with a poem informing me that Meg was spending the night with my Brother's family and to be ready at 5:00 to go on a date. I would love to copy the poem to this post, but I already got in trouble for forwarding it to my mom and sister. It was really sweet though! We had a fun date eating at a whole in the wall italian restaraunt and going to see Mama Mia! We saw the musical on Broadway a few years ago...so we were excited to see the movie. He doesn't ever remember to read this or I would thank him directly. I will just brag.


Last night I got to go to Brianna's baby shower. She is pregnant with her FOURTH....that is right, 4th baby. She has three boys under the age of four. Finally, she is having a girl. The shower was at my other friend Alison's house and it was precious! I did not get pictures of anything, but Bri opening gifts. There were so many people there, that it was hard to get good pictures. I stopped by Bri's house on the way home to see the Nursery. I wish I would have taken pictures of Baby Emerson's room. It is absolutely wonderful. Bri made the most beautiful bedding I have ever seen. I would say that she should make bedding for a living, but like I said....she is going to have 4 kids!




Today Meg and I had another special treat. Cassy and Cohen came over from Allen to have lunch with us and Lori and Annalee. It was short but very sweet. Meg was not on her best behavior, but we had a good time anyway. I think she is cutting another tooth. (That is my universal excuse for fussiness of any kind.) Here is the best of our attempts to get a picture of Cohen, Annalee and Meg.


Annalee enjoyed pushing Meg in Meg's babydoll stroller. Poor Cohen had to play with the remote, because he couldn't find any boy toys. He was just looking for anything not PINK.



The only roommate I have not seen lately is Molly. (I miss you!!) She is busy with her super cool new job, and I am so happy that she loves it.




Here is just another cute picture of Meg that I took over the weekend. Don't let her dresses and bows fool you. Sometimes we think she is a boy trapped in a girl's body. She is tough and rough and hilarious. Maybe she will be like me in that I didn't mind getting dirty, but I made sure my shoes and bow matched my outfit.


4 comments:

Shauna said...

Our 6th wedding anniversary is this coming weekend! And I actually saw Brianna at my best friends wedding a few weeks ago! Small little world...

Glad you love your design - I LOVE it too!

Tricia said...

Cute pictures, I loved seeing Lori and Cassy's kiddos too. Glad you guys had fun!

Lori said...

We had fun, despite our crazy day!! The kids were fun to watch, it's amazing how fast things change!

Mauri said...

Brianna's pregnant? Man, am I out of the loop!