Friday, December 28, 2007

My Obsession


My parents got me a new SLR digital camera for Christmas and I have hardly put it down. It is so amazing the difference it makes. I always thought I was just not a very good photographer....which is probably true....but a lot of it is the camera. This one is so easy and takes the greatest pictures. Of course, when you have the most beautiful subject in the world, it is that much more fun.

We had such a great Christmas. We went to Chad's sister's house in Plano to spend Christmas with Shaye, Michael, Knox and Mama Joy. It was so relaxing and fun, as always. We had good food, lots of gifts and great time together.

We had to push back getting together with my family because, as most of you know.... my precious little 22 month old niece, Audrey, was in the hospital for almost a week with Staff infection. Besides that, my sister's whole family was battling the stomach virus and Strep Throat. It was not a very Merry Christmas for them, but Audrey is home now and everyone is doing better. Thank you for your prayers. We are getting together next week for our Christmas. Tomorrow we are going to Palestine to be with Chad's dad's family. It is busy, but we have had a great couple of days at home to relax and get things done around the house.

Here are just a few of the random pictures I have taken in the last week.








Cute Christmas Outfit Number 1



These big "blues" melt my heart every day!!



Cute Christmas Outfit Number 2!



We LOVE "Paci"



This is what I see everytime I get her up in the morning or from a nap....it is priceless!



I just love the rosy cheeks.



....and finally....this one says, "would you please get that camera out of my face?"!



There are other people in my life right now....like Chad, but Meg is the most fun to photograph. Maybe I will add some of us later. I did not really get any good ones of Knox (our Nephew) on Christmas. He was too busy playing with everything Santa brought him to sit still.

4 comments:

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

I love that last picture. Most importantly, I look forward to the days when I have a girl and you pass down ALL OF MEG'S CLOTHES TO ME. Please and Thank you. :) Hopefully my daughter's name will start with an M so that we can borrow those 2 precious outfits.

Mauri said...

Meg is the perfect obsession for a new camera.... she is beautiful. And I have a feeling those baby blues that melt your heart right now are going to cause her daddy some MAJOR heartache when she's about, oh, 16 or so and she starts meltin' the boys hearts! Glad Audrey is doing better too! Love ya!

Kristen said...

I found your blog! I am so glad you have started to blog so I can see pictures of Meg. She is precious! :)

Raena said...

Macy! How are you? I somehow found your blog off of Andrea's. When I saw it I was thinking about our bible studies in Nelson freshman year with Bri. ANYWAY! I love Meg's clothes! WHERE DO YOU SHOP? I do most of my shopping at boutiques online. Lots of blessings to you!