Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Here Comes the Sun!

I remember having a similar post to this last year. Meg and I love Spring and Summer! We love to be outside. She has been asking me for weeks to swim in the pool. I don't know if she saw my neighbors out there laying out or just realizes that it is getting warmer outside....but I have had a hard time convincing her that it is still too cold to swim. Today I had the idea to dig her Water table out of the garage. It is the perfect day. I even filled it with warm water from the kitchen instead of the cold water from the hose, although she really wouldn't have minded if it had been freezing. She loves outdoors and anything with Water. She is getting a little big to climb in the table, but don't try to tell her that!

My friend Angela sent Meg these sun glasses as a baby gift when she was still living in Japan. She still loves them, and her purple leopard sunglasses that her "Bunny" got her. I don't know how they have survived so long. Chad and I break our own sunglasses on a regular basis.
Even after we changed out of her suit to watch Alice in Wonderland she kept the sunglasses on. It must have been relaxing......I had to carry her to her bed for naptime, because she was already out.


On the House Planning/renovating front....no pictures of change to the house yet. It is still in the foundation, electrical, plumbing stage. Nothing pretty to share.
Here is one of my current projects, though. I bought this at a charity thrift store yesterday.
My plan is to turn it into something cool, like this.....
( I can't remember where I first spotted this picture, otherwise I would give the credit. I saved it from one of the decorating blogs that I like to read.)
We shall see how I do on the make-over once I actually get it home. I didn't used to have to think about how to get things home when I had a Tahoe and Chad had a truck. This one could be tricky!
On a totally random note. I came across this picture on http://www.decorista.com/. One of the blogs I like to look at for decorating inspiration. If I were getting married this year, this is the color scheme I would use. Isn't it fun?

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I love that you wrote "if we were getting married this year, this is what I would do" because I think like that too. I also do that with Luke's nursery. :)

The Gradke Family said...

Love Meg. She is just so beautiful. I do my hair like you had hers done for when she was playing outside. Is that ok for a 32 year old???? Good luck on the furniture. Can't wait to see the new remodel