Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Rock N Roll Marathon

Back in August, Chad decided he was going to run in the Inaugural San Antonio Rock N Roll Marathon. I said that I MIGHT run the half. The next thing I knew he had signed my up and paid for me. He also decided to pull together a group of friends to join us. So three months ago we had a group of 12 each planning to go and run the half marathon.....when it came down to it, there were only 4. Truthfully, had Chad not paid for me to do it, I may have dropped too. Only because training for it has been like the last priority on my list. I counted my aerobics teaching for short runs and did maybe 4 long runs total before the race. I skipped from 7.5 miles to 11 miles the week before.
We had a great time. There were 30,000 runners! The weather was perfect (once we started running). It was pretty chilly that morning and had been freezing cold on Saturday, so I made the stupid decision to wear pants. I regretted that after mile 1.
So here we are, the survivors:


Chad was really enjoying me being in his face with the camera after he finished his 26 miles!


Chad and our Friend Ryan decided that since it was a Rock N Roll Marathon, they needed to wear rock n roll wigs. So we made a 45 min. detour in Waco to find wigs. I thought for sure they would shed them after a couple of miles. But, here is Chad at the finish line....proving me wrong. They both said it was great motivation, because people cheered for them specifically all along the way. Chad got called everything from White Snake to Hannah Montana. I didn't get a picture of Ryan running in his, because he finished before me. Chad was running the full marathon, so he finished after me.



I am so proud!




7 comments:

Warner said...

If there is one thing I approve of, it's wigs. Good for you Missildine!

www.deltonforce.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Good job! Jamie and I had so much fun running the rock n roll in San Diego. One guy ran the entire thing backwards.

Michelle said...

Hey Macy! Jeremy and I just ran a 1/2 in Tulsa...I've heard about the rock n roll one, we may have to do that next year!

Kristen Ballard said...

Congrats!!! Guess what?? I was talking to my dad and stepmom, because they went down there to support my Dad's best friend who was running. My Dad's friend is Joe Culpepper and you and Chad totally had dinner with my dad and stepmom, Phil and Grace!!! Isn't that crazy???? Grace was talking about how they met some interesting (and cute- her words) guy named Chad who was the associate minister at LifeChurch, and I said, "Is his wife Macy?" And she looked at me crazy, and said YES! How funny!!!!

the smith family said...

We miss you guys! Chad and the wig totally crack me up! I love the pictures! We missed you at Mimi's yesterday!

Tricia said...

After the first of the year we need to make plans for us to come to the Dallas area to do plates. I would love to see you and get to do some business at the same time. There are so many girls in your area, it would be great to come one weekend. I will let you know and we can plan something!

Doziers said...

You go girl! I am proud of you! This is Lynnsey K's cousin Juli, and I just found out you know my girl Heidi H!

Small world, huh?! Your little girl is BEAUTIFUL!! Y'all did a good job! :)

Love,
Juli