Wednesday, June 25, 2008

We are in!!

(If you like pictures....you will really like this post. It is a long one.)
We are in our new house. We moved on Friday. Quite an eventful day that I will give details on later in the post. So, we moved in on Friday and had to have everything ready for a Broker's tour that was yesterday. He had signed up his house before we knew we were moving into it. So I worked non-stop for four days to get everything ready for that yesterday morning. There was not a very good showing of realtors (which is fine with me, because I am not up for moving again in the very near future)....but it feels good to have everything finished already. That is the way I have always moved, but I have never had a little "mini me" in tow. I hardly sat down until today, so I thought I would fill you in with pictures.
First of Meg in her new house. She loves to unpack.....not putting away or arranging....just pulling stuff out of boxes, off shelves(that I just arranged) and out of drawers. She has really enjoyed exploring her new house. I always know where she is because of the pier and beam foundation and the old wood floors.

My mom will get on to me for posting this....she doesn't like crying pictures. It was actually pretty funny. This was her reaction to me not letting her play in the toilet. It only lasted a second. I found her something else to do.
She was really enjoying playing in the flower pots with Dad.....mainly because he is too slow and she got quite a few handfuls of dirt in her mouth before he could stop her.


Here she is "helping" to unload the DVDs.....her favorite pastime.
Ok....so the movers who have moved us 5 times went out of business. Probably because we have not moved in two years. So Chad started calling around and asking questions. He called about 15 different companies to ask them their rates, if they charge for mileage or have extra fees etc. He forgot to ask how big their truck was, however. This is what pulled into our driveway......
They were nice, but I am not sure we have a single wall that is not chipped or a piece of furniture that is not scratched. I don't think moving is going to be a real successful venture for them. They should stick with BBQ. He talked all day about the restarant he owns in the hospital district in FW. It took two full loads and that was just furniture. I had already moved everything else over. Needless to say, cheap is not always the way to go!
So here are the pics of the house.





Master bedroom
My office/guestroomKitchen

Living Room

Living Room-I purposely left the movies in a pile on the floor, where Meg left them. She is really loving the bookshelves that come down to the floor. I am already regretting that.


Dining Room-I know...the high chair is a great accessory.


Guest Bath
Meg's Room- It is a lot less pink then before, but really cute.

Come and see us anytime. We really love it here. I can walk to Starbucks and Walgreens. I love the view from every window. Our mail even gets dropped into our house through an old mail slot. You never have to wonder if the mail has come yet! We are so close to everything. I loved our neighborhood before, but most of our life is on this side of town. It is great.










4 comments:

Lori said...

Hey,
We keep meaning to stop by and see you guys! Maybe we'll take a walk to Walgreens tomorrow and come by! Glad you're all moved in and settled-everything looks great.

Shara Smith said...

Macy, your house looks great! I am so impressed that you got moved in four days with a little shadow behind you! Ha. Meg is precious!!

the smith family said...

I LOVE your house! Glad you guys are moving back to this side of the metroplex! We are going to miss Meg's party this weekend! :( I cannot believe she is ONE!

The Wardlaw's said...

Welcome to the neighborhood Macy! The house looks great. We will have to get all the kids together soon for some summer water fun!

Yvette